Students from an EU/EEA countries do not need to apply for a visa to enter Poland. They may cross the border on the basis of a valid travel document (a passport or an ID). If you are coming for practice, and you will stay here less than three months, you don’t need to register stay as foreigners. Students who are coming for one or two semesters they do have to do it if their stay exceeds three months. Registering your residence is free of charge.
No later than 1 months after arrival, students apply for a temporary residence permit. In the case of students, the residence permit is issued for one year. Successful registration will be granted to Union citizens who have health insurance and sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses without social security suport.
Students from US who will live in Kordecki dormitory will not do this, because administration of dormitory will do, others are obliged to do this.
The document will be issued by the West Pomeranian Department of Citizens Affairs of the Regional Administration Office.

Zachodniopomorski Urzad Wojewodzki
ul. Waly Boleslawa Chrobrego 4
70-502 Szczecin
Office hours:
Monday: 7.45 am – 4.45 pm
Tuesday-Friday: 8.00 am – 3.00 pm

Required documents:
• Three copies of document (ID or passport)
• Three copies of health insurance
• The official letter of acceptance from the university with information about the planned period of study
• An application form
Please note the form has to be filled in Polish - The ESN Szczecin will help students to prepare necessary documents and obtain the residence permit.

Students who have received visa for the whole period of their stay in Poland, are not obligated to apply for Residence Permit – Turkish students.